Tuff Seal PVC tiles are an industry leader in terms of an industrial strength garage tile that is perfect for industrial, commercial, and high-end residential garages. After the installation itself, the key to a beautiful tuff seal floor is the right acrylic floor finish.
Tuff Seal, in their installation guides recommend Â an acrylic floor finish and a neutral cleaner. We recommend the Hilway Direct products. They offer a long-lasting, industrial strength finish that exceeds the manufacturers specifications. While it is industrial quality, it can be easily applied by a homeowner using a mop. Â In fact, if you ask the manufacturer what they would use on their Tuff Seal floors, this would be the product they would recommend.
Tuff Seal tiles do not have a release agent on them, however, it is advisable to clean them well prior to application of the finish. We would recommend the following procedure:
1. Remove all surface soil, debris, sand and grit by
sweeping, dust mopping or vacuuming
2. Scrub the floor with Hilway Direct neutral pH (7-8.5)
- Apply Hilway DirectÂ cleaning solution with a mop/bucket,Â scrub with rotary scrubber with soft nylonÂ brushes or automatic scrubber with soft nylonÂ brushes. We like a ‘deck brush’ from the local hardware store
- Pick up solution with wet-vac or mop/bucket
- Rinse with clean water, allow to dry
3. Then apply option 3A or 3b
option 3A: Apply floor finish
- Apply 3 thin coats of Hilway Direct Plus acrylic floor finish with clean finish mop orÂ applicatorÂ
- Allow 30 minutes dry time between each coat
Option 3b: Dry maintenance method
- Spray, clean and buff using a rotary machineÂ (175-1500 rpm) with an appropriate pad andÂ spray buff solution.
If using Hilway Direct Plus, we recommend using a diluted solution (1 ounce to 1 gallon of water) on a regular basis for cleaning.Â