We have found the following information helpful, before installing Rust Bullet. Similar information would apply to almost any coating or sealer that does not require grinding or etching. This list is not complete and is not a substitute for on the job common sense, technical experience and installation instructions.
- Confirm that you do not have real smooth concrete. We see this most often with power troweled floors. If your floor is very smooth is is extremely important that you test the adhesion before completing the project.
- Confirm that your floor is free from moisture and excess alkalinity.
- Confirm that your floor is free of sealers and cure agents
- Make sure that your concrete is at least 28 days old.
- Unpack all boxes and make sure you have everything you need.
- Make sure all detergents, cleaners, solvents and etching agents have been removed and that the floor is dry.
- Consider weather and humidity for the next several days.