TL707 100% solids, cycloaliphatic, self leveling epoxy is perfect for commercial, industrial and professionally installed garage floor epoxy. Our best epoxy coating in a system you design. It has been the base coat for our DIY kits. We are now making it available individually. We also sell our top coat separately as well. When installing as a High Build system, we suggest a spread rate of 130 Sq. Ft. per gallon. The product can be installed thicker and coverage will vary 53-130 square feet per gallon @ 12-30 mils. Many industrial customers prefer our orange peel texture. It hides flaws in concrete, and application and is perfect for high-use areas. Click here for our 100% solids orange peel product. Like all garage floor epoxy, proper preparation is a must. You can grind or acid etch your floor and make sure you remove all oil stains.
How to Build Your Own Epoxy Kit:
- Determine Your square footage.
- Order appropriate amount of primer.
- Order appropriate amount of base coat.
- Order appropriate amount of flake -- We use 1# per 100 sq. ft. for a heavy random broadcast. We use 20# per 100 sq. Ft. for full broadcast.
- Order the appropriate top coat. For random broadcast systems, 1 coat of our aliphatic urethane is appropriate. You can use our epoxy top coat for a thicker build. For full broadcast we either suggest multiple coats of the Aliphatic urethane or a single coat of the epoxy top coat. For ultimate durability you can do a clear epoxy topcoat followed by a clear aliphatic top coat.
- We like the use of top coats. Many consumers will but just the epoxy down. While topcoat is in fact optional, we highly recommend it.
What Do I Still Need?
- *Prep Materials: You will need to decide if you want to acid etch or grind your concrete to prepare it for the coating. You do not need to do both.
- *NIOSH-Approved paint respirators for everyone working on the install
- *Painter’s tape (Important: Tape needs to be pulled while the coating is wet and reapplied to each coat to avoid the tape getting stuck to your coating
- Clothes that you don’t care about. The coating is very difficult to remove from clothing and skin if it dries onto them.
- Shoe covers to avoid unwanted dirt or contaminants in the coating
- Xylene or Mineral Spirits for removing product from surfaces in case of an accident
*-Required for a successful installation. The other items on this list are strongly recommended. Give us a call if you are unsure on what items you need.